- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- ENROLMENT STEPS
- FEES AND FUNDING
To be eligible for Skills First training, you must be either:
- a) an Australian citizen;
- b) a holder of a permanent resident visa; or
- c) a New Zealand citizen
If you are an asylum seeker, you may be eligible under the Asylum seeker VET program.
2. Physically present in the State of Victoria at all times while undertaking the training and assessment
3. The ‘upskilling requirement’
A student who is 20 years of age or older, can only enrol in a program at a higher AQF level than the highest qualification level they will hold at the time when their training will commence.
4. The ‘2 Skill Sets in a year’ and ‘2 AQF qualifications in a year’ limits In a calendar year, a student (regardless of their age) may only commence a maximum of
- a) two Skills First subsidised Skill Sets; and
- b) two Skills First subsidised programs that are AQF qualifications.
5. The ‘2 at a time’ limit
A student (regardless of their age) may only commence a maximum of two Skills First subsidised programs at any one time.
6. The ‘2 at level in a lifetime’ limit
In their lifetime, a student (regardless of their age) may only commence a maximum of two government-subsidised qualifications at the same level in the AQF.
SKILLS FIRST PROGRAM – JOB TRAINER
A person can participate under JobTrainer if they are:.
- 17 to 24 years old when the course starts; or a job seeker of any age.
- They must not have commenced a full qualification under JobTrainer before.
The normal Skills First eligibility criteria apply to JobTrainer with the following two exceptions:
No upskilling requirement
Student who does not meet the upskilling requirement can be offered an eligibility exemption.
No ‘two at level in a lifetime’ limit
Student who does not meet the ‘two at level in a lifetime’ limit can be offered an eligibility exemption.
For more information relating to funding and funding eligibility can be found on the Victorian
Skills Gateway. Please click the following button.
Click here to check your eligibility
HOW TO APPLY
Application Form Download
Skills First Program Evidence of Eligibility and Student Declaration Form Download
Brokering Service Download
1. FIND THE MOST SUITABLE PROGRAM FOR YOU
Research our website and/or course flyers to find a course that meets your interests and needs. Make an enquiry to one of our approved Education Agents or Marketing Officer
2. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Submit the following forms to email@example.com or an Education
Agent/ Marketing Officer:
- Completed Application Form
- Completed Skills First Program Evidence of Eligibility and Student Declaration Form, and certified copies of supporting documents including copies of all previous qualifications.
3. LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY SKILLS ASSESSMENT
You will be asked to take the Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills test by our staff.
4. PRE-TRAINING REVIEW
Our staff will conduct a Pre-Training Review to assess your suitability to the course and advise you about the training product appropriate to meeting your needs, taking into account your existing skills and competency.
5. RECEIVE LETTER OF OFFER AND WRITTEN AGREEMENT
When your application is approved, you will receive a Letter of Offer and Written Agreement. Please read the terms and conditions of your offer before accepting it.
Please visit the Einstein College of Australia’s website for relevant policies and procedures, student services and student handbook information.
6. ACCEPT OFFER
To accept the offer, please return the Letter of Offer and Written Agreement. Pay the relevant enrolment fee and gap fees (if applicable) as per the written agreement.
7. ATTEND ORIENTATION
During a compulsory orientation session, you will receive important information regarding the training and assessment activities for your course and complete relevant paperwork regarding your training and assessment.
8. START YOUR CLASS
FEES AND FUNDING:
Payment options vary and will be discussed with the applicant at enrolment..
For further information on fees, refer to the relevantStatement of Fees.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.